The mission of the Plymouth South Middle School instrumental music program is to develop students who:
- Enjoy making music - now and throughout the rest of their lives.
- Make informed musical, artistic, and creative decisions independently.
- Rehearse and perform music with musical expression and technical proficiency.
- Strive to continually hone their musical craft.
- Engage and involve themselves in their community as exemplary citizens.
- Appreciate music from various cultures and time periods, and become consumers of quality music.
ABOUT MR. LORETZ
Mr. Loretz is the instrumental music teacher at Plymouth South Middle School in Plymouth, Massachusetts. Although he currently resides and teaches in New England, he spent the majority of his life in New York. Mr. Loretz grew up on Long Island, where he attended Commack High School. It was there that his passion for playing the saxophone and teaching music was fostered. Mr. Loretz graduated magna cum laude in May of 2011 from Ithaca College with a Bachelors of Music in Music Education. He taught at Sunset Park High School in Brooklyn, New York for one year after his undergraduate studies. In the summer of 2012, Mr. Loretz moved to Plymouth, Massachusetts where he taught K-5 General Music and Chorus at Hedge and Cold Spring Elementary Schools. During the 2013-2017 school years, Mr. Loretz taught elementary instrumental music at Cold Spring, Hedge, Nathaniel Morton, and Indian Brook Elementary Schools. In 2017 he completed his graduate studies in Band Conducting summa cum laude at the American Band College of Sam Houston State University. Although Mr. Loretz is originally a saxophonist, he currently takes private lessons on the flute and the clarinet. Teaching instrumental music is Mr. Loretz's main passion in life. He also enjoys traveling, discovering new music from various cultures, cuisine, hiking, and yoga.